Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Will anybody evar read this?



Alright.. So I haven't posted anything since, eh December, that's like last month right. Almost forgot about this site, till I got a reminding e-mail saying some dude posted a comment on an old post giving me props. Which obviously was a nice change of e-mail topic, usually all I get is electronic bills and penis enlargement ads, don't pay much attention to neither. So anyhoo, I've stayed in Canada for a bit skiing, which is why there's a pic of me skiing above. I didn't work any for two months and spent my days skiing, drinking beer and basically let my hair down. After three not actually that tough years of working I felt I needed a couple of months of vacation, fuck being grown up.

Biggest reason I haven't posted any is, this is a music blog right, I barley listened to any music. We stayed eight people in a house, three in each room. None of the people I stayed with enjoyed music containing words such as bitch or hoe mucho, which I do. Sexist music is like my way of dealing with the passive aggression anyone and everyone (even nuns and Buddhists and such I bet) have a bit of towards that other sex, or something. And we didn’t have a stereo in our Chevy, so we sung Minnie Riperton while driving and listened to Swedish suicide-pop-sans-words-like-bitch-or-hoe whenever we had a stereo.. One night I spent drinking at some bar there was a live act, some DJ playing techno and rapping to it and his Russian broad singing choruses. That might have been my worst music moment evar.

But who cares really. From like five hours of bumping a day to ten minutes. I couldn’t even name five albums released in 2008 I’ve listened to. So, as I write this I’m not sure what this post is going to be about really. I just wanna keep this thing alive I guess. I’m working on a few WYDU posts with actual content, might be a bit till I post that though.

Actual beginning of the post: The few weeks I’ve been back in Stockholm I’ve pretty much haven’t listened to any music not from Louisiana, mostly New Orleans and Baton Rouge obviously. Which means plenty violent gangsta rap and New Orleans Bounce. Good looking Twankle & Glisten, got plenty of this shit from there.. There’s so much jamming music from there, act I never paid any attention to before really surprised me. So, her we go I guess. As always, just jams, not saying these are the best or even among the best from there.

UNLV – Drag ‘Em ‘n tha River (1996)

UNLV is from New Orleans and the name stands for Uptown Niggas Living Violent, which seams to fit them pretty well. There album is filled with sweet violent gangsta tales. This is a Mystikal diss and possibly a Baby diss as well. Apparently Yella Boy, one of the three rappres in the group were shot and killed. A murder some connects to this beef. I wouldn’t know, people seams to shot each other for pretty much no reason down there… I just read this on their wikipedia page, so it’s not like I would know anyways. It’s a god damn hard track anyhow, and at the same time melodious. Gansta lyrics to a beat which is mainly great because it’s simplicity, fast drum pattern with consistent piano loop and some dude yelling un-irritating in the background. Ahead of it’s time?

Choppa – Straight From The N.O. feat. Big Man (2003)

It’s like rappers try harder when they’re gonna rep their city. Fast, I don’t know why rappers now days look for house/trance beats when they want a fast track. They should just go down to Lousiana and find whoever produced this and make him do a couple of more beats just like this. Matter of fact, use this beat. None of the hipsters over here would notice I wouldn’t have to listen to house beats whenever I feel to support the local rap scene.

Lil’ E – Fuck That Nigga (1995)

Fast and hard. I’m gonna play this at a party sometime soon to see if people will get buck wild, that’s what I feel like doing hearing this.

MC Spud – Creepin' hoes & niggas


Yeah. You better watch them hoes. I have no idea who MC Sprud is, no hits on google. Whatever, this goes. Bounce!

Chev – Sissy Break (????)

A bit reluctantly I gave this a listen, got to give it a change right? Chev is one of those sissy rappers we heard about. Album didn’t do much for me, this track did do. I haven’t dared listen to the lyrics really, all I know this goes..

Ruthless Juveniles – Gangster Tale (1992)

Gangsta rap is the shit.

Max Minelli – Move (Let Me In) feat. C-Loc (2008)


Baton Rouge’s Max Minelli has been a personal favourite of mine for a bit now. I’m still waiting for him to release a proper LP on Koch, who signed him a couple of years ago. This is the best track from the mixtape he dropped like a month back.

Tre-8 – Story To Tell Pt. II feat. Jace Rich & Murder Ro (2008)

This guy used to be a producer/rapper signed to No Lomit before they blew up in the mid 90’s. He split just before and started his own label, which I’ll assume didn’t do as good as No Limit. He dropped a new mixtape/album a few weeks back.

Enjoy, whoever may or may not read this....

2 comments:

Travis said...

bout' fuckin' time!

Haha, good to see you back.

hugowittorf said...

Haha thanks man.. I wanted to slow-start with goodolelove though, wydu is next!