Friday, June 1, 2007

Time for part 2..



This is the second part of the serie including tracks I've been bumping on my iAUDIO february-april this year. It's a mix of old classic (more or less) tracks and a couple of sort of new tracks.. Hopefully some of you all will enjoy this mix..


Part II:

http://www.zshare.net/download/20684762f84d4d/

1. U.G.K. - Tell Me Something Good (original version)

This is from their first EP from called The Southern Way from 1990. I'd guess they were pretty low tech and love budget back then. But Pimp C keeps it down with this beat sampling that old "tell me someting good" song which I don't know who originaly made... Notable is that Bun B wasn't the brilliant lyricists back then as he is now, he was still the most lyrical of the two rappers but I think Pimp C's swagger and comedic lyrics does enough for me to call him the leadrapper of the group in 1990. Oh yeah, the text is hilarious and the whole song gives you a kind of laid back it's all good in the hood kinda vibe...

2. Z-Ro - In My Life

Another Texas native. This time J. Prince brings it funky. Z-Ro is soulfull and spirutal as always, talking about what's grimey. Sometimes I think there's kind of a 2pac feeling about Z-Ro's spirutality.. Altough I'm not going to write to much about that since I haven't really thougt it over, just a random thougt that pops up every now and then while I listen to him.. This from last years (or was it this year?) Power Moves.

3. Skillz - 2006 Rap Up

Skillz is a funny dude. He manage to sum up 2006 in a very informative and amusing way. This time over some beat Jay-Z originaly spit over..

4. Apathy - Baptism By Fire ft. Esoteric & Emilio Lopez

I'm not really a big fan of the kind of sound Apathy, Jedi Mind Tricks, Outerspace and those dudes represent. But every now and then I hear a track I like, this is one of them. It sounds like a 7L beat, but I could be wrong... Esoteric has the best verse, maybe I just like his flow and voice better then those other dudes.. Track is from 2007 by the way...

5. Birdman & Lil Wayne - Stuntin Like My Father

Lil Wayne really kills it nowdays. Birdman, not so much. He doesn't ruin the song, but I wouldn't listen to it Wayne wasn't on it. From the album they dropped together last year.

6. Hell Razah - Renaissance ft. Tragedy Khadafi, Timbo King & R.A. The Rugged Man

Hell Razaz is the Wu-tang weedcarrier I really never noticed before. He dropped a new album earlier this year and I cheched it out, quite good really.. This is one of the better tracks. R.A the Rugged Mans and Tragedy's verses ar off the hook. They talk about the state of hip hop and how much hip hop they are. Nice feeling.

7. Triple Six Mafia - Da Summa

This is a nice summer track. I don't know when it was first recorded but I'd guess 1992-93 sometime. I think I read this is one of their first songs which gave them some hype in their hometown Memphis. This was way before they won the award and started partying with Paris Hilton. I have no idea who all these rappers are,the lead figures DJ Paul and Juicy J is on there and probaly a whole bunch of guys that aren't in the group anymore. Can't tell if that's La Chat or Gangsta Boo screaming every now and then.. Actually I just noticed they mention Scarcrow, Lord Infamous and Crunchy Black at the end, so I guess they're on the track..

8. Yukmouth & Messy Marv - On The Bliock ft. Damuaire

Messy Marv is from Frisco and I think Yukmouth is from East Oakland (it's mentioned in the song). Yukmouth used to be in They don't really talk about much important. Just tells a little bit of info of their lifes, who they hustle to get paid in Oakland. The beat is really nice.

9. Pumpkinhead - Trifactor ft. Wordsworth & Supastition

I've been bumping a lot of Pumpkinhead the latest couple of months, before that I had never even heard him rap so I guess I've been catching up. This is from his album "Orange Moon Over Brooklyn" from 2005. Marco Polo produced the entire album, including this track... Just remembered I've already included this track in a playlist I've posted here. Fuck it, it's good enough to be posted again, besides I already uploaded the .rar file... Words has the best verse..

10. Prodigy - Mac 10 Handle

From his new album. The hook is based on classic Geto Boyz track "My Mind Is Playing Tricks On Me". Prodigy really got his swagger back, talking about his dope fiend paranoia and all his guns. The Alchemist produced this.

11. Little Brotther - Life ft. Skillz

This is from their latest mixtape which they did with Mick Boogie. That mixtape was better then most albums dropped this year so if you haven't heard it, check it out. Life is the best song no doubt. "Girl what do you mean you don't recognize me, I'm only the biggest rap star in your apartment complex" - Phonte. That's fucking hilarious. Okay maybe not hilarious but it's damn funny, it starts the song off perfect. Rapping about beeing a dope rapper being underrated.. This is twice Skillz is on this tracklist, that's a suprise..

12. Ali Vegas - Forgive But Not Forget

He really came out strong with this mixtape he dropped earlier this year.. If you like this, I posted the entire mixtape in the c-box for a friend... Tells a couple of storys around the subject "forgive but not forget". Beat could have been better, but that's not too much of a problem if you're in the right mood...

13. Jigmastas - Elevate ft. Angela Johnson

I was looking for a EP I've heard rumors about called Lyrical Fluctuation or something like that. I'm not familiar with the word fluctuation so I have no idea how to spell it which kinda made my search a problem.. This kid played the song with the same name to me way back and that was a fucking banger - I really wish I could find it again.. Instead I found their LP and I got to say I'm not disapointed. I really haven't seen much talk about these guys so I think it's fair to say their really really slept on. A little bit of bom bap jazz with a soul singer singing the hook. What more could anyone ask for? I think it's from 2000 or 2001. Group member DJ Spinna probaly produced it, the rapper is named MC Kriminul (kinda dorky name I'd say, he took that misspelling thing popular in hip hop a bit to far). It's them to one the picture, atleast that's what google gave me...

14. YZ - (So Far) The Ghetto's Been Good To Me

This guy and Jigmastas is probaly equally slept on. I think I downloaded his record from http://www.wakeyourdaughterup.blogspot.com/ or http://www.rapdungeon.blogspot.com/ , props dudes whoever it was.. Rap this postitive and this dope is really seldom these days. At least there's a positive feeling, he talks about how he will violate someone at some point in the song. Actually he title pretty much sums up what's the songs about. He really kills it every verse over this amazing blowing instrument beat thing.... From '93 ish something don't now producer...

15. Intelligent Hoodlum - Grand Groove

Could be my favourite beat of all time. This piano tune has been used a couple of more times but this is my favourite among the tracks I've heard. I think I've read somewhere Biz Markie or some other guy from the Juice Crew spit over it first, haven't heard that song tough. I know Foxy Brown spit over it on the Jackie Brown soundtrack and Cormega spit over it a couple of years ago. All those songs ar amazing.. He really came off as intelligent back then. He talks the truth about hoodlife and peoples past away. Marley Marl and K-Def has the credit for this beat. I think I've read K-Def claiming he did most of the work tough... Who knows..

All done.. This is a great day, friday off. I'm chilling at home, in a couple of minutes I got my littles sister coming over to make me a meal. To night there's some pop concert and it's the opening night for my favourite outside bar. I fucking love summertime. It's all good.

No comments: